Wednesday, May 22, 2013

WE and CHOICES!!

We love when we have an option, preference, chance, selection or an alternative. In short we need these Choices.

These words, actually, these are life savers, which we seek whenever we are in a dilemma, or a problem. In our crisis they bring in a cool breeze of happiness.

‘I have a choice, and I will decide what I want/need.’ Yes, saying this sentence gives a win-win feeling! But do we ever think but that choice might do to our family and friends?!
I recently had to make a choice! I made that choice! My subconscious mind did think what it might lead to my family, but my conscious just thought about what I will get if I made that choice, what I will gain, and what I want. But as we say it’s our life, it’s our choice! And this choices, I am sure will hurt our families in the beginning. But they will identify with it by and by... Their understanding is our hidden strengths!

Making a choice is not as difficult as making our family understand why we prefer that choice! And may be in that process we will select a better choice for ourselves! Or maybe our confidence in our choice will grow...
Yes, you may say that ‘It’s our choice and our life’ so why do we need to consider about what family and friends might think! But we need to! When we see that sparkle we have in their eyes after accepting our decision. It’s a feeling of the millennium! It’s a feeling which no one can buy!

Having a choice is good, because in that way, we tend to know what we really want!
Selecting science arts or commerce! Going to a college in Mumbai or Bangalore or staying in my city! Selecting a job offer or starting a business or chasing that dream! Selecting the house with a pool or with a lawn. Preferring a car with music system or not! Cooking Chinese or continental for dinner! Wearing a sari or a gown to the cocktail party! Colour of the drapes should contrast or be similar to the room colour! And many more…
Choices! Preferences! About profession, work, studies, attire, even whom to choose as our friends and whom to marry etc, etc. This is an endless list. Each day we have choices to make. Some are beneficial to us and some are beneficial to others but all those choices guide us in our life. But choices are influential and significant in our lives.

The choices I faced are mostly about studies! And I am yet to know whether they were/are wise choices or….
The options to choose from are infinite and sometimes they make me feel that I should run away from these choices and wait for someone else to make that choice! But it’s all about taking a chance to make that choice to change the course of my life hopefully in a positive outcome! Isn't it?

Choices should be chosen wisely! But we shouldn't be disheartened if that choice wasn't a winner! We just need to imbibe the positives, understand our mistakes and try again…
But choices when made by own selves are the best choices. Choosing left or right, should be entirely an individual choice! A choice of being happy!!
 A choice like studying, to have a job which our hearts want, which will inspire our lives in a positive upbringing and making our family and friends understanding it, is a much needed choice to make our society a better living place!

As my friend says ‘If that's how powerful choices are, and if we really love making one for ourselves, then let's make them wisely.’ http://www.manishbengani.com/2013/01/in-love-with-choices.html

1 comment: